Saturday, December 07, 2013
Crock pot (or slow cook) recipes can make family dinners a cinch when you're busy shopping, decorating for the holidays, cleaning the house for visitors - or just plain tired from all of the aforementioned.
I recently discovered I own a crock pot. I found it in the back of the cabinets as I was cleaning out all the things I seldom use that continue to take up space and gather dust. I wasn't sure how to even turn the thing on, but decided to give it a try. I found a recipe inside the container and thought, "Why not?" What I learned is that the crock pot and a few easy slow cook recipes are a fantastic combination and life saver for any household on the go whether you are single or have a family. All you need do is to put the ingredients into the crock pot, turn it on and walk away for a simple, scrumptious meal.
For this week's Weekend Recipe you will need 5 minutes and 3 ingredients to get this simple, scrumptious meal on your table!
Crockpot Pork Chops
A package of boneless pork chops
1 can of Cream of Chicken soup
1 packet dry Ranch dressing mix
In crock pot layer pork chops, add the cream of chicken soup, then sprinkle dry Ranch dressing all over.
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours OR Low for 6 hours.
The pork chops come out very tender and the flavor is amazing! You also get a good gravy for mashed potatoes.
Cooking tips for easy crock pot recipes
- There must be some type of liquid in the bottom of the cooker to begin the cooking process. Without it, your dish will cook to the bottom and burn. There doesn't need to be a lot of it, just enough to cover the bottom in most cases.
- When cooking easy crock pot recipes, the cooker should be at least half full for maximum cooking potential. Keep in mind that the more food you add to the cooker, the slower it will cook. The temperature will cook the food evenly without overcooking if the heat settings are adjusted accordingly.
- Any meat used needs to be thoroughly drained before adding it to the cooker. Since meat takes longer to cook, they need to make up the bottom layer. This will also help keep the meat moist since it will cook into the liquid underneath.
- For safety, cook meats at least three hours so that an internal temperature that is high enough for proper cooking can be reached. This is not usually a problem since many use the crock pot at its lowest setting (six to ten hours depending on the brand of cooker).
NOTE: These Weekend recipes come from many different sources and often times we do not know where they originated. When we know the exact source, we will definitely give proper credit.
Category: Weekend Recipes
- The Home Sale and Kids Do Mix!
- Conquer Those Bad Home Habits
- Factors that Shape the Luxury Residence Market
- Keep Your Kids Safe on Halloween
- Coldwell Banker Real Estate Captures Traditions of Halloween at Home in New Fall Commercial